Synergy Wound Technology today announced an agreement with Trade Africa Healthcare focused on affordable and innovative healthcare solutions for Africa. The international agreement enables Trade Africa Healthcare to launch InteliWound, a mobile, cloud-first software-as-a-service (SaaS) app that reduces wound care costs, in the South African market, with additional African countries to follow.
InteliWound fits with Trade Africa Healthcares mission: to offer solutions in novel and innovative ways to improve access to affordable healthcare across Africa, said Charles Faul, CEO of Trade Africa Healthcare. We believe InteliWound will assist many medical aid companies in our country to save money on wound care costs through its comprehensive wound management system and in turn reduce the cost of healthcare for patients, while improving the quality of care in many wound care settings.
InteliWound, powered by a highly scalable platform built on Amazon Web Services, consists of a mobile iPad app and web portal. InteliWound provides:
- Precision, volumetric measurements via advanced camera technology
- Guided, easy-to-understand, clinically proven wound assessments
- A proprietary wound scoring system for tracking healing rates and outcomes
- Treatment plan suggestions with application instructions
- Wound supply recommendations and/or durable medical equipment
- An optional marketplace
- Standardized wound documentation
- Educational information and resources for both clinician and patient
- Real-time collaboration between the clinician and a designated wound care professional
Synergy Wound Technology developed InteliWound to combat the high costs of wound care management with a technology-driven system that will deliver an immediate return on investment and improved outcomes from the customers first wound care engagement, said Tom Forgeron, Founder and CEO of Synergy Wound Technology. Our team at Synergy Wound Technology is looking forward to supporting Trade Africa Healthcare to help solve the challenges of managing wound care in Africa and beyond.
About Synergy Wound Technology
Synergy Wound Technology is a technology-driven product development company that specializes in wound management, prevention, early evaluation of vascular disease for compression, and measurement of effectiveness after initiation of compression.
About Trade Africa Healthcare
Trade Africa Healthcare is a South African-based subsidiary of consulting firm Trade Africa Investment Holdings.
InteliWound is a registered Trademark of Synergy Wound Technology, LLC