quip, the oral health company making oral care simpler, more accessible, and enjoyable, today announced the launch of the first American Dental Association accepted kids electric toothbrush with a refill plan. This is the first new product quip has launched since the company started in 2015.
In user testing, quip found that kids felt empowered and proud when using the same oral care products as the adults in their life. By stripping away childish gimmicks like giant handles, flashing lights, and cartoon characters, quip is giving kids a brush that looks and feels just like the one their parents use. The kids electric toothbrush has all of the same guiding features of the original quip, thoughtfully tweaked for smaller mouths and hands. From baby teeth and gums to permanent teeth, the quip kids brush is designed to help children form good brushing habits that will last a lifetime.
“We spent a year working with Kids and Pediatric dentists to work out what would make up the ideal kids brush. The dentists most common request was to create a brush that replicated the fundamental habit and attitude changing effect our adult brushes have had: encouraging and guiding an effective two minute, twice daily brushing routine, said Simon Enever, CEO and Co-Founder of quip. The most impactful finding during research was that kids would beam with pride when they were given a ‘grown-up’ electric brush, and parents were relieved to see this lasting excitement, rather than the short lived buzz a typical flashy kids brush usually had. The act of brushing went from something kids would avoid at all costs, to a routine they consistently looked forward to, which was a dentist and parent’s dream. After a few tweaks to help improve grip for smaller hands, and a brush head perfect for smaller teeth, the same simple, signature quip silhouette and sensitive, timed sonic vibrations were the key to inspiring kids positive attitudes and adherence to their oral care routine.”
quips electric toothbrush furthers the companys mission of creating a completely new end-to-end oral care experience. quip has sold over one million of its award-winning, American Dental Association accepted electric toothbrushes through its direct to consumer website, and recently launched into Target stores nationwide.
- $25 for a Kids Electric Toothbrush Starter Set with brush head + Watermelon anticavity toothpaste subscription ($10 every 3 months with free shipping)
- $30 for a Kids Electric Toothbrush Starter Set with a brush head subscription ($5 every 3 months with free shipping)
Key product features
- Gentle sonic vibrations
- Single mode, timed for two minutes with guiding pulses every 30 seconds
- Soft bristles made safe for gums and braces
- Gentle vibrations safe on gums and with less mess & splatter
- Lightweight plastic handle with rubber grip
- Easy-to-hold, comfortable, non-slip grip for smaller hands
- Available in four colors (pink, green, purple, blue)
- Waterproof and shower-safe
- Multi-use cover
- Slim stand can be stored within reach
- Covers bristles to protect on the go
- No silly gimmicks like lights or music
- Refreshed every 3 months
- Lasts 3 months on a single battery charge
- Fresh head delivered every 3 months
- No wires or bulky charger
All quip electric toothbrushes are available at www.getquip.com
quip is an oral health company that provides thoughtfully designed products and professional dental services to make oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current offerings include a wide selection of one of the first American Dental Association accepted (ADA seal) electric toothbrushes, a subscription service on a dentist recommended schedule for brush heads and optional toothpaste, ongoing oral health advice and support, and incentives for timely dental check ups. quips toothbrush enables better brushing habits by guiding people through a thorough two minute clean using sensitive vibrating bristles that pulse every 30-seconds to cover the entirety of the mouth. Co-founded by Simon Enever and Bill May, quip’s investors include ACME and Blue Scorpion VC.