Paragonix Technologies, Inc. today announced that it will be exhibiting at the International Society for Heart and Lung Transportation (ISHLT) 2019 Annual Meeting, from April 3rd to 5th at the Loews Meeting Complex in Orlando, Florida. Paragonix executives will be at booth #409/411 providing hands-on demonstrations of its Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ Cardiac Transport System (CTS), the industrys only FDA cleared and CE marked system for donor organ heart transport and storage.
Two clinical presentations will be given by Noritsugu Naito, MD, PhD from Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) on the hospitals use of the Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ CTS:
- The First Clinical Use of a Novel Cold Storage System of Donor Hearts
- A Case of Heart Transplantation Using a Distantly Procured Brain Dead Donor Heart That Was Preserved in a Novel Cold Storage System
Paragonix is also hosting the 2019 International Heart Summit on April 4th from 12-2pm at ISHLT, bringing together heart transplant teams from the U.S. and Europe to share best practices and clinical experiences in adopting the Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ CTS as well as the opportunity to brainstorm and discuss new national and international standards for donor heart transport. Keynote talks at the presentation include:
- Dr. David DAlessandro, Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA): Standard Cold Storage, Is it Time for a Change?
- Dr. Andreas Zuckermann, AKH Wien Hospital (Vienna, Austria): Clinical Experience at a High Volume European Center
- Dr. Andrea Eixeres, Hospital 12 de Octubre (Madrid, Spain): 7 Hours of Ischemic Time: New Technologies to Overcome the Limits
- Dr. Julia Dumfarth, PhD, Medical University Innsbruck (Innsbruck, Austria): European Clinical Experience with Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ CTS
- Dr. John Philpott, Sentara Hospital (Norfolk, VA), “Our Centers Journey on Optimizing Organ Preservation, Patient Outcomes, and Lessons Learned”
Paragonix has made tremendous strides in our quest to change the standard of care in how precious organs such as the heart are transported from donor to recipient patient and we are thrilled to bring together the worlds leading heart transplant surgeons to talk about the state of organ transport today and how to best prevent cold injury during transplants, said Bill Edelman, Chairman and CEO of Paragonix Technologies.
The Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ CTS has been used by heart transplant centers in both the United States and Europe. The device is currently marketed in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Sweden and Slovak Republic in Europe.
About the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT), established in 1981, is a professional organization committed to research and education in heart and lung disease and transplantation. It holds annual scientific meetings and publishes The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. It also holds the largest registry of heart and lung transplant data in the world.
About the Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ Cardiac Transport System
The Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ Cardiac Transport System (CTS) safeguards hearts during the journey from donor to recipient patient. Our device incorporates clinically proven and medically trusted cold preservation techniques in a novel suspension system to provide unprecedented physical and thermal protection. Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ CTS is the only commercially available FDA cleared and CE marked medical device for heart transportation.
About Paragonix Technologies, Inc.
Paragonix Technologies markets organ transportation devices that safeguard organs during the journey between donor and recipient patients. Our devices incorporate clinically proven and medically trusted cold preservation techniques in a novel suspension system to provide unprecedented physical and thermal protection. Paragonix SherpaPak„¢ CTS is the only commercially available FDA cleared and CE marked transport device for heart transportation. Paragonix is also developing transport devices for the lung and kidneys designed to improve donor organ quality and extending donor organ transport time.