Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will globally unveil the 2020 model year Outlander Sport at the 89th Geneva International Motor Show*1 to be held March 5-17.
Since its launch in 2009, the Outlander Sport has sold around 1.32 million units globally in nearly 90 countries. The biggest markets for the vehicle are North America (where it is the highest-selling Mitsubishi vehicle in the United States), Europe, Australia and China. Currently the third-highest selling vehicle offered globally by MMC, the Outlander Sport is key to the companys global strategy.
The exterior design has undergone a major overhaul under a design philosophy of robust & ingenious, which serves as an expression of the MMCs global tagline Drive your Ambition.
*1. Officially press days are on March 5th and 6th, and it is open to the general public from March 7th to March 17th. For more information, please see: https://www.gims.swiss/
The Outlander Sport is a compact SUV designed for the city, offering wide-ranging versatility that makes it perfect for everything from everyday use to exciting adventures. Its lightweight, compact body combined with an SUVs commanding driver sightlines give the Outlander Sport excellent handling and easy drivability.
The Outlander Sport delivers reassurance and safety, with features including the RISE impact safety body and a Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) braking system.
1. Major design change
- Concept The design concept is Impact and Impulse. As well as signature Mitsubishi toughness, the refined and original design projects a strong image, inviting drivers to follow their impulses and take on new challenges.
- Front view The new Outlander Sport brings an evolution in MMCs DYNAMIC SHIELD front design concept. The bumper embraces the central protective shape from both sides, and the squared horizontal and vertical line treatment of the grille and the skid plate under the bumper expresses strength and toughness. The new styling makes the hood deeper, adding to the presence projected by the front end. And the distinctive LED lighting layout, which locates the turn signals and fog lamps at the ends of the bumper, stamps a Mitsubishi brand-look on the front end.
- Rear view The Outlander Sport uses LED rear combination lamps (except turn signals) in a sharp-looking design that stretches across the width of the car and accentuates the wide stance. The skid plate styling of the underside of the bumper projects a look of strength.
- Color The Outlander Sport is now available in vivid, intensely brilliant Red Diamond, sporty and energetic Sunshine Orange, and sleek, refined Oak Brown.
2. Improvements to Smartphone-link Display Audio (SDA)
The Smartphone-link Display Audio (SDA) has been improved, and now offers more advanced connectivity.
- The size of the display has been increased from seven to eight inches. Videos stored on USB memory sticks can also now be viewed on the SDA screen*4. *4: Only when the vehicle is stopped
MMC has set up a special website at the following URL to provide the information about its exhibits at 2019 Geneva International Motor Show.
*Press releases and photos can be downloaded for use from the addresses below.
[Mitsubishi Motors Library] https://library.mitsubishi-motors.com/contents/login.do [Special press site for the Geneva Motor Show 2019] https://library.mitsubishi-motors.com/gms2019/
About Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Through a network of approximately 355 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, research and development, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. 2018 marked the brands sixth consecutive year of sales growth.
Located in Cypress, Calif., MMNA is a part of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, the largest automaker alliance in the world. Mitsubishi continues to lead the way in the development of highly efficient, affordably priced new gasoline-powered automobiles, while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery-electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
Senior Director, Communications and Events
The Brand Amp