Keller Williams (KW), the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count and the U.S. leader in units and sales volume, achieved significant growth and technology milestones, and topped franchise and corporate culture rankings in Q4 18 to round out FY 18.
Keller Williams is not only the company you knew, its morphing into the company that you need, Gary Keller, co-founder, chairman and CEO, Keller Williams, said to more than 17,000 agents in attendance at Family Reunion, the companys annual user conference in February 2019.
Over the past year, weve been so appreciative of our KW Labs participants for the leadership they have provided, said Keller. And, we will keep on going. Relentless is the word when it comes to us building a powerful agent-driven consumer experience.
Keller Williams is home to 159,447 agents in the United States and Canada, as of Jan. 31, 2019¹.
Year-End Technology and Q4 18 Industry Highlights
- In 2018, 146,279 agents downloaded Kelle, a proprietary AI-fueled real estate business partner, available in the U.S. and Canada. In Q4 18 alone, 15,883 agents downloaded Kelle.
- KW released a host of new Kelle features and benefits in FY 18. Details are available online.
- In FY 18, 27,311 live referrals were sent via Kelle, representing $8.3 billion in sales volume.
- In FY 18, 578,549 Market Snaps were shared. Market Snaps is a Kelle skill that enables agents to pull hyperlocal market reports to share easily with consumers.
- In Q4 ˜18, Keller Williams expanded globally into Chile and Ireland.
- In Q4 ˜18, Franchise Times ranked KW No. 17 in the annual Top 200 ranking of franchises.
- In November, Newsweek ranked KW the No. 1 brand in real estate for customer service.
- In Q4 18, Franchise Business Review named KW a top franchise for veterans.
- In December, Glassdoor ranked KW No. 57 out of 100 Best Places to Work in 2019.
- In Q4 18, Indeed ranked KW No. 1 in listing of Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Culture.
By the end of 2019, we will have the most robust, global, fully connected, AI-powered real estate platform that the world has ever seen, said Josh Team, president, Keller Williams. “Our entire job, the whole reason we’re doing all of this is so that our people can offer the personalized, digital experience that consumers demand.”
United States and Canada (production in FY 18)
- As of Dec. 31, agents closed 1,095,874 transactions, up 2.2 percent over FY 17.
- Agents closed $332.4 billion in sales volume, up 5.7 percent over FY 17.
- Agents took 745,611 new listings (new market inventory), up 5.6 percent over FY 17.
- Listings taken volume totaled $255.5 billion, up 13.9 percent over FY 17.
- Agents wrote 1.2 million contracts (projected closings), up 2.0 percent over FY 17.
- Contracts written volume was $365.3 billion, up 5.5 percent over FY 17.
Keller Williams Worldwide (production outside the U.S. and Canada in FY 18)
- Agents closed 27,031 transactions in FY 18, up 43.4 percent over FY 17.
- Agents closed $4.5 billion in sales volume, up 37.0 percent from FY 17.
- Growth share increased 51.1 percent over FY 17 to $2.0 million.
- Agents took 72,708 new listings (new market inventory), up 51.7 percent over FY 17.
- Listings taken volume totaled $23.2 billion, up 50.0 percent over FY 17.
- Agents wrote 31,953 contracts (projected closings), up 43.9 percent over FY 17.
- Contracts written volume was $3.8 billion, up 33.1 percent over FY 17.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, Keller Williams regions now include Argentina; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Luxembourg; Mexico; Monaco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; United Kingdom; and Vietnam.
¹ Agent count numbers in the U.S. and Canada were revised downward to account for franchise-wide market center agent roster cleanup, which took place in January 2019.
About Keller Williams
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count, has more than 1,000 offices and 180,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States.
In 2019, Fast Company named Keller Williams the No. 1 Most Innovative Company in real estate. In 2015, the company began its evolution into a technology company, now building the real estate platform that agents’ buyers and sellers prefer.
Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. For more information, visit kw.com.
Email: [email protected]