On the heels of its annual mega culinary event, the “Hong Kong Wine and Dine Festival,” the Hong Kong Tourism Board is rolling out the Hong Kong Great November Feast “ A Gourmet Celebration.” Throughout November, visitors and members of the public will be offered a fine selection of menus from over 100 restaurants, ranging from exquisite dishes prepared by Michelin-starred chefs to limited edition special menus by legendary restaurants. There is a wide variety of dishes bound to satisfy your taste buds.
Savor the World at the Hong Kong Great November Feast
Exclusive Hong Kong Great November Feast menus prepared by participating restaurants will provide not only value-for-money and rich choices of dishes, but also hassle-free recommended menus by the celebrated chefs. Three major highlights of the offers are:
- Michelin-Starred Restaurants: A lineup of 16 Michelin-starred restaurants, serving a wide selection of cuisines, from traditional Chinese and Cantonese fine dining, to Japanese, French, Italian and contemporary fusion. Special Michelin-starred menus as low as $57 (HK$450) will offer an ample variety of exquisite dishes to suit the appetite of the most fastidious epicure. Participating restaurants include:
- Three Michelin-Starred Tang Court;
- Two Michelin-Starred Yan Toh Heen, Tin Lung Heen, and Sun Tung Lok Chinese Cuisine;
- One Michelin-Starred Ming Court, Ying Jee Club, Celebrity Cuisine, Jardin de Jade, Mandarin Grill + Bar, IM Teppanyaki and Wine, ‰PURE, MIC Kitchen, ON Dining Kitchen & Lounge, Rech by Alain Ducasse, The Ocean and Tosca.
- Legendary Local Restaurants: Savor the classic tastes of Hong Kong at renowned local restaurants, including Fook Lam Moon, The Peak Lookout and Jimmy’s Kitchen, and be inspired by local versions of classic Western dishes and traditional Cantonese cuisine.
- Harbor-view Restaurants: Visitors are invited to immerse themselves in beautiful dining venues with a view of Hong Kongs dazzling skyline, such as Tin Lung Heen on the 102nd floor of the Ritz-Carlton, Restaurant Petrus of the Island Shangri-la Hong Kong, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., located on the Victoria Peak, and nu retrouvez-vous on the Ocean Terminal Deck of Harbour City.
Visitors and members of the public can reserve tables at these renowned eateries through www.feedmeguru.com.
Treat Yourself to a City-Wide Feast of Activities in November
This November, a host of gourmet happenings will take place in Hong Kong, including beer fest, wine fairs, creative marketplaces, various foodie tours, and exciting gastronomic events as follows:
|The Hidden Food Menu of Hong Kong|| Every Monday and Thursday|
(Special 20% discount available from 22 October to 30 November)
|Itinerary: Lok Fu, Kowloon City, Sham Shui Po||Organized by Jebsen Holidays, this tour explores the local food menu of Hong Kong. It begins with Hong Kong-style milk tea and egg tarts, followed by a visit to a modern wet market and an experience in the food culture of traditional Chinese tonics. The journey will also introduce the tastes of traditional Chinese teas and open-air food stalls, called dai pai dong, in Sham Shui Po.|
|Sunset Cheers @ Harbour City||19 October to 4 November (Friday to Sunday)||Ocean Terminal Deck, Harbour City||Enjoy premium snacks paired with fine wines against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, with the Tasting Pass, available at the Ocean Terminal Deck.|
|Seafood Cheers Pairing Menu @ Harbour City||19 October to 30 November||Harbour City||Nearly 30 restaurants in Harbour City will launch a series of seasonal seafood and wine-pairing menus.|
|Links Stanley Plaza Wine and Dine Weekend Bazaar||3-4 November||Links Stanley Plaza||The Weekend Bazaar will feature a wide collection of wines, as well as local and imported beers.|
|Tong Chong Street Market||Every Sunday in November||Tong Chong Street||Market-goers will be taken on an aromatic tasting journey with characteristic beverages at 40 participating stalls by local and international coffee shops.|
|HKTDC Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Fair 2018||8-10 November (Open to ticket holders aged 18 or above on 10 November)||Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, Wan Chai||The event showcases a wide range of fine wines, beers and liquors, as well as related products and services. Visitors are welcome to drop by for other exciting events, including wine tasting, seminars, conferences and other exchange activities.|
|Lan Kwai Fong Japan Carnival 2018||10-11 November||Lan Kwai Fong||In addition to over 40 booths of delicacies and beverages, including sake, shochu and awamori from different Japanese prefectures, visitors can also take part in interactive games, try on a yukata, and enjoy Japanese stage performances and street parades amidst the signature ambience of Lan Kwai Fong.|
|FUNtastic QRE Festival 2018|| 17 November|
QRE Whisky Walk
18, 24 and 25 November
|The East & Lee Tung Avenue, Queens Road East|| QRE Whisky Walk|
Apart from strolling through charming Queens Road East and Lee Tung Avenue with a glass of whisky or a cocktail and canaps offered by around 20 outlets, visitors can also attend sharing sessions by professional wine-tasters.
An exciting carnival for the whole family with entertaining game booths, live music and dance performances.
For more details on the Hong Kong Great November Feast, please visit the HKTB website: https://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/see-do/events-festivals/highlight-events/great-november-feast.jsp
Hong Kong Tourism Board
Paul M. Garcia