SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 10, 2018 — Today, Black Hat, the world’s leading producer of information security events, announces its return to London with the release of its initial Briefings lineup. The world’s brightest information security professionals and researchers will gather for the event’s 17th installment to reveal new vulnerabilities (and defenses) spanning everything from popular social media platforms, mobile devices, widely used operating systems and more.
Black Hat Europe 2018 will take place December 3-6 at the ExCeL London, in London, England. For more information and to save £200 on your Briefings Pass by December 2 please visit: blackhat.com/eu-18/
Black Hat Europe will host a week of immersive programming that will unveil the latest InfoSec research, development, and trends. The event will kick-off with its technical Trainings followed by Black Hat’s Briefings, and a Business Hall housing the industry’s leading innovators.
Highlights of Black Hat Europe’s Briefings so far:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Defending against Artificial Intelligence (AI) maliciousness, including a talk that will delve into disturbing Deep fake technology, a human image blending method that can be used as a means to perform identity theft and create political propaganda, revenge porn, and other materials with the intent to cause political, economic and emotional damages.
- An in-depth look at malware with a talk that details a UEFI rootkit attack from the group linked to high-profile cyber-attacks including the 2016 Democratic National Committee email leak scandal.
- Mobile threats, including an attack on Apple Filing System (APFS) on iOS that allows an attacker to gain access to private user data and tamper with any file or directory on a system.
- A look at attacks on the enterprise with a talk that explains potential abuse of the Windows 10 security questions feature to create a backdoor which can then be remotely distributed to any Windows 10 machine in a network.
- Social media account identification attacks against website visitors that can be used on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, Twitter, eBay, Xbox Live, Ashley Madison and more.
Be sure to check back for the latest schedule as more Briefings are added, here: blackhat.com/eu-18/briefings/schedule/index.html
ANNOUNCED: Black Hat Arsenal Tools Arsenal will return to Black Hat Europe and welcome researchers, both local and from afar, from the open source community to display their latest tools and products and offer live demonstrations. Arsenal gives researchers the opportunity to showcase their latest code and offers attendees the chance to interact with presenters and gain hands-on experience. Arsenal will host nearly 50 tools this year covering Android, iOS and mobile hacking, Internet of Things, cryptography and more. For more information and to view all recently selected tools, please visit: blackhat.com/us-18/arsenal/schedule/index.html
Black Hat Trainings: Register by Dec. 2 and Save £200 In addition to the world-class Briefings schedule, Black Hat Europe 2018 will offer deeply technical, hands-on Training sessions led by some of the information security industry’s top trainers and professionals. Running December 3-6, the Trainings offer a separate set of courses for attendees spanning everything from advanced infrastructure hacking to assessing and exploiting control systems, web hacking, and more. For more information and to save £200 on your selected course(s) with regular registration prices by December 2, visit: blackhat.com/eu-18/training/schedule/index.html
Black Hat Student Scholarships: Submission Deadline: October 26 The Black Hat Student Scholarship Program is back for its fifth year in Europe. As a way to introduce the next generation of security professionals to the Black Hat community, a limited number of complimentary Academic Passes will be awarded to student applicants for Black Hat Europe 2018. Qualified students may submit applications by Friday, October 26, 2018. For more information and requirements, visit: blackhat.com/eu-18/student-scholarship.html
Top Sponsors of Black Hat Europe 2018 include: Diamond Sponsors: Agari, NCC Group, SecurityScorecard, Spirent Communications, Tenable; Platinum Sponsors: Cybereason, Facebook, Illumio, Neustar, Nominet, Qualys, Recorded Future, Splunk
For more information on sponsorship opportunities as well as the full list of exhibiting companies, visit: blackhat.com/eu-18/business-hall.html
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Trainings 2018, Chicago, Illinois, October 22-23, 2018
- Black Hat Europe 2018, London, England, December 3-6, 2018
- Black Hat Asia 2019, Singapore, March 26-29, 2019
- Black Hat USA 2019, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 3-8, 2019
About Black Hat For more than 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM, which in June 2018 combined with Informa PLC to become a leading B2B information services group and the largest B2B Events organizer in the world.
To learn more and for the latest news and information, visit www.ubm.com and www.informa.com.
Contact Kimberly Samra Black Hat Public Relations [email protected] 415-947-6362