At one of the premier events for thought leaders in consumer insights, GfK experts will play key roles in all three days of the agenda, including co-presentations with Ferrero and Microsoft.
The Market Research Event (TMRE) is taking place October 16th through 18th in Scottsdale, Arizona. Now in its 18th year, the annual conference draws over 1,100 market research and insights professionals.
Minimizing risk factors for new products
At 11:40AM on October 16th “ as part of the Power Partnering track “ GfKs Neal Heffernan (EVP, Shopper & Consumer Insights) will co-present with Ferreros Yann Bastien (Head of Innovation) on The Value of In-Market Testing. They will reveal how Ferrero worked with GfK to create an in-market model that focuses on the long term, successfully limiting the risks that so many new products face.
Heffernan and Bastien will explore
- marketing factors that distinguish successful products from unsuccessful ones
- why and how Ferreros Innovation Model is unique in the FMCG industry
- the value of leveraging retailer loyalty card data to measure trial, repeat and source of volume for a new product
- how GfKs in-store / market testing model delivered unique benefits for Ferrero
- the value of integrating POS and loyalty card data with shopper intercepts to gain a full picture of new product performance
A cross-category approach to measuring ad effects
As part of the same Power Partnering track on October 17th at 12 noon, GfK will present with Microsofts Samantha Moore (Campaign Insights) for Understanding Advertising Impact across Brand Portfolios. GfKs Jon Brand (SVP, Marketing Effectiveness) and Jennifer Reece (Senior Director, Marketing Effectiveness) will join Moore to show how Microsoft worked with GfK to understand how advertising is working at Microsoft across categories as well as within the advertised brand.
The session will show how
- unique research design and modeling approaches were used to assess cross-category impact
- the concept of the value of advertising across brands was evaluated and proven “ including identifying potential target and message synergies across categories
- marketing and advertising teams reacted to these insights and how this is affecting future advertising
Chairing a conference track
In addition, GfK experts will chair the Technology & Future Growth conference track on three successive days, introducing presentations from FitBit, Intel, MetLife, Pfizer, Pizza Hut, and Walmart, among others. The GfK chairpersons will be:
- Jola Burnett (VP, Consumer Life) “ Artificial Intelligence and Future Technologies (October 16th)
- Jo-Ann Osipow (EVP, Marketing Effectiveness) “ Automation & Chatbots (October 17th)
- Karen Goldstein (SVP, Consumer Insights) “ Technology & Future Growth (October 18th
For more information about GfKs presentations, write to [email protected].
T 908 875 9844