The In.flux Lab, a creative technology collective, today announced the key speakers and conversations taking place during The In.flux Reality Mixer, an industry-first, day-long festival at the intersection of immersive technology, commerce and culture. The In.flux Reality Mixer will gather digital content creators, agency and brand innovation scouts, software and technology developers, content acquisition executives and art enthusiasts.
Keynote – This is Your Brain on VR
Kicking off Saturday, Dec. 1 in Downtown Los Angeles, the In.flux Reality Mixer will open with This is Your Brain on VR, an exclusive presentation by Dr. Sook-Lei Liew, Assistant Professor and Director of the Neural Plasticity and Neurorehabilitation Lab at the University of Southern California.
Dr. Liews keynote will shed light on virtual realitys potential to help (or harm) the way our brains function, based on early learnings from Reinvent, a research study fielded with the goal of understanding whether VR might help stroke patients recover their motor skills.
Mixed reality has finally reached a tipping point, with hundreds of millions of AR-enabled devices in our bags and pockets, and consumer VR becoming more scalable and affordable by the day, said Tameka Kee, Founder and Creative Director, The In.flux Lab. As blended reality becomes the norm, now is the perfect time to dedicate a day toward understanding how these immersive technologies will change everything from business and advertising, to how we relax, love and communicate.
Dialogue from creative, challenging and inspiring industry experts
The In.flux Reality Mixer features voices from across the full spectrum of mixed reality content and commerce, arts, science, advertising and academia, including:
- Jonathan Nafarrete – Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of VRScout
- Mariana Acu±a Acosta – Co-founder of Opaque Studios and one of Varietys 10 Innovators to Watch in VR
- Lori Kozlowski – Co-founder of Smashd and Producer of the Google-backed VR experience Project Empathy
- Latoya Peterson – Former Deputy Editor, Digital Innovation at ESPNs The Undefeated
- Glenn Snyder – Co-founder of Master of Shapes and Co-creator of the Castrol Virtual Racers VR experiments
- Ela Darling – Co-founder of GonzoVR, the worlds first VR camgirl, and a leading voice in the intersection of VR and the adult entertainment industry
- Tom Boellstorff – Professor of Anthropology at UC Irvine and Co-author of Virtual Worlds, Disability and New Cultures of the Embodied Self, a study funded by the National Science Foundation
Key session topics include:
- New World Ethics: Mixed Reality Commerce & Culture
- AR & The Creative Process
- Tools & Techniques for Altering a Users Reality
- The AR:t of Storytelling (with the Los Angeles Times NEWSTORY project)
In addition to the keynote and panels, In.flux Reality Mixer attendees can roam a mixed reality art gallery. The day-long festival concludes with an innovative content format called The AudioLab, featuring conversations played through headphones, lounge-style seating, a full bar and gourmet small bites.
For speaking opportunities, contact us at [email protected].
Get VIP, All Access and Art Gallery + AudioLab tickets at the Early Adopter rate for a limited time.