By Serdar Turan, Senior Vice President, Head of LCAP
Reduce costs and rapidly develop applications with an LCAP designed to automate manual processes and integrate disjointed data
The pace of running a business is increasing at an unprecedented rate. From creating state-of-the-art products requiring multiple sprints to handling ad hoc requests from various internal teams, IT department heads are under tremendous pressure to make their groups agile and adaptive while automating processes.
IT departments are struggling to keep up with current demands. The pandemic has created a greater need to serve clients remotely, requiring resources well beyond a conventional IT team’s bandwidth. These teams need the support of business technologists armed with LCAP to avoid project bottlenecks and delays.
According to Gartner, the global low-code technology market stands at a healthy $13.8 billion. In alignment with the industry trend toward low-code solutions, Jitterbit has expanded the capabilities of its Harmony integration platform with a new App Builder extension offering low-code development capabilities. The App Builder is ideal for line of business (LOB) personnel who wish to rapidly build, deploy, and maintain web and mobile applications without requiring support from a central IT group.
Let’s take a closer look at why low-code capabilities are beneficial for your business:
- You do not need to hire expensive developers. Organizations with limited IT resources find themselves in a fix when they are unable to attract top talent to create a state-of-the-art product. With an LCAP, citizen developers can create, deploy, and deliver products with minimal coding skills. This eliminates the cost of hiring new developers while providing business-critical data visibility to all stakeholders in little time.
- You can empower business technologists with LCAPs. According to astudy conducted by Gartner, 41% of employees in technology-heavy industries are business technologists—essentially, LOB personnel taking on their own IT projects. These employees must be empowered with LCAP capabilities that allow them to easily build technology solutions without waiting for an IT department’s availability.
- You can customize apps and disseminate data for a fraction of the cost.Data silos and disjointed technology prevent key stakeholders from accessing vital information. By creating customized apps and reports, business users can make backend or frontend data visible to all employees working on a common project, regardless of seniority level.For instance, if an associate requires access to specific CRM data or reports but the license for the CRM application is too costly to purchase for a particular user group, App Builder can create a customized report that draws data from the CRM platform, making it accessible to all stakeholders.
- You can increase employee productivity. Employees across an organization are more productive when operations are automated by an LCAP that greatly reduces process touch points. AppBuilder can automate even the smallest processes and eliminate software errors that arise from conventional development methodologies.
- LCAP solutions are quick, scalable, and cost efficient.Every LCAP-developed application takes a short time to create compared to a custom-coded solution. Plus, with a little support from seasoned IT developers, these applications can be scaled and deployed in different environments with greater cost efficiency.
Learn more about the LCAP offering from.