Nature of Business: TALL Security Print Limited and Checkprint Limited form the TALL Group of Companies. The TALL Group is a UK leader in the provision of secure paper and electronic payment solutions. The Group holds a unique position as a trusted partner of the UK’s major banks and also operates internationally, producing ballot papers for elections around the world.
Formed in 2000, the Group manages contracts with Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide, RBS Group and Santander as well as many building societies, foreign banks, corporate and public sector organisations in the UK and internationally.
Locations: TALL Security Print Limited is based in Runcorn, Cheshire and Checkprint Limited is based in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
Markets that we operate in: Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.
Contact Information: www.tallgroup.co.uk
Martin Ruda – Group Managing Director
Martin is a highly experienced general manager and strategic thinker who leads from the front. An active speaker on Payments and Entrepreneurship, Martin is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and past Chair of the De Montfort University Campus Enterprise Program. Previously held posts include: Managing Director at Pegasus Software; European Marketing Manager at Xerox and Product Marketing Manager at Sony.
Peter Andrew – Group Sales & Marketing Director
Peter has 45 years print experience, starting life as a Compositor, followed by roles in Production Control, Commercial and Sales. A well known figure in the sector, Peter is personally responsible for maintaining 20 year contractual relationships with HBOS, Santander (A&L), HSBC and RBSG. Peter has also spent 30 years involved with the Manchester United Commercial Department.
Together they have more than 65 years working in the payments industry and are currently responsible for strategic development, sales and marketing.
Checkprint is a leading provider of secure paper and electronic payment solutions. From its fully accredited premises in Hinckley, Leicestershire, Checkprint produces securely printed special cheques and credits, as well as providing a Business Process Outsourcing and comprehensive Payments Bureau Service. Cheques, Bacs, Faster Payments and foreign payments are all managed through the bureau or installed on customer sites as part of Checkprint’s Integrated Payments Solution. Secure document print and fulfillment, scanning, archiving and cheque processing complete the service offering.
Checkprint has managed the Barclays Special Cheque and Credit Service since 1994 and the company has established and developed significant contracts with many other leading financial institutions and their customers including Nationwide Building Society and Metro Bank.
A member of The TALL Group of Companies, a UK leader in the provision of secure paper, and electronic payment solutions, Checkprint and The TALL Group hold a unique position as a trusted partner of the UK’s major banks.
TALL Security Print Limited
TALL Security Print is a leading provider of a wide range of securely printed documents. From its fully accredited premises in Runcorn, Cheshire, TALL Security Print produces special cheques and credits, as well as passbooks, certificates and vouchers for a wide range of trade and business customers. TALL Security Print also produces ballot papers for elections around the world, including Nigeria, Iraq, Liberia and the historic South Sudan referendum.
First established in 1991, TALL Security Print manages contracts with HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, RBS and Santander, as well as several building societies, foreign banks, corporate and public sector organisations in the UK and internationally.
A member of The TALL Group of Companies, a UK leader in the provision of secure paper and electronic payment solutions, TALL Security Print and The TALL Group hold a unique position as a trusted partner of the UK’s major banks.
A longstanding mutually beneficial relationship exists between Checkprint and Leicester Business School, De Montfort University. In the past 18 months this has involved a member of the Checkprint Board sitting on a judging panel for student presentations, and inviting students into Checkprint to act as management consultants for the day, giving advice on a ‘business problem’. Leicester business school has also used Checkprint as a case study in an Entrepreneurship course to demonstrate a successful management buyout.
This type of engagement gives the students the opportunity to experience at first hand the way that theory and real life come together in the resolution of business issues, and hopefully contributes positively to the completion of their degree. It also delivers real benefits for Checkprint as close ties to Leicester Business School provide a close link to the managers of the future, which leads to prime recruitment and development opportunities.
TALL Security Print supports Halton Haven Hospice by organising fundraising activities throughout the year and donating Christmas hampers. Halton Haven Hospice cares for people over eighteen years of age with life-limiting illnesses living in the community in which TALL Security Print is based.
Products and services offered:
- Electronic Payments and Direct Debit Collections
- Checkprint Bacstel-IP Solution, powered by Experian Payments Gateway, allows Bacs payments, Faster Payments and Direct Debit collections to be achieved in a simple and secure process.
- The solution is fully RTI Compliant and will enable the submission of the RTI cross-reference in payroll submissions to Bacs.
The Checkprint Banking Assistant is a cheque and cash deposit management system that supports customers receiving cheque payments.
It combines a desktop scanner to capture the image and details from the cheques with comprehensive software that uses this data to:
- Create and balance batches for banking
- Generate a searchable archive of cheque data and images
With three levels of software and three cheque scanner options available Checkprint Banking Assistant provides a system that suits specific business requirements.
The TALL Group offers an affordable range of standard secure cheque designs and sizes, or fully bespoke options for printing cheques to UK and international bank guidelines.
- Cheque Books
- One or more cheques per page
- All cheque book make-up options available
- Personalised wallets also available
- A4 laser and continuous designs
- Guaranteed software compatibility
- All design options available
- Compatible with manual accounting systems
- Can incorporate company logo
- Journals and Journal Sheets available
- Cheque and Credit Auto Replenishment
- Auto replenishment is a multi-location cheque and credit stock control system that automatically manages stock on customers’ behalf across a number of locations through secure data connections.
- Cheques and credits may be in base stock form, part-printed or fully personalised and in-filled.
- Storage facilities satisfy C&CCC security requirements
- Next day delivery
- Storage sites in Midlands and North West
- Stock can be called off as and when required
Cheque Printing Software
The CheckPrint Solution is an innovative, secure and versatile cheque printing system.
Print cheques or bank giro credits using proven, secure, award-winning cheque printing software in conjunction with PiraGrade 1 approved MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) printers.
CheckPrint Solution is a flexible, modular system for all payment requirements that will transition as business needs evolve.
CheckPrint Solution Express
CheckPrint Solution Express is an in-house cheque system for smaller businesses that enables laser cheques to be infilled using a Pira Grade 1 approved laser printer.
The cheque system is available as a package and comprises:
- Software – configured to print (infill) encoded laser cheques, and create reports for audit purposes.
- Stock of laser cheques for overprinting – 1000 A4 laser cheques with the option of having a company logo.
- Printer – Pira approved printer for A4 laser cheques.
Using a particular design or reference number format for credits/ paying in slips can improve the efficiency of reconciliation processes and help streamline payment processing.
Internal Banking Documents
Internal Banking Documents support the movement of money country to country and branch to branch.
The TALL Group provides such documents to major UK banks, shipping to global branch networks.
- The Print Bureau Service is a flexible credit and cheque outsourcing fulfilment service
- Outsourced cheque printing & mailing
- Outsourced credit printing & mailing
- All prepared to C&CCC standards and from secure premises
- No minimum or maximum data quantity
- No specific file format required
- The cheque and credit outsourcing service provides initial design though print and data infilling from secure data files to enclosing and mailing.
The Payments Bureau allows customers to outsource regular and one off payments.
The Bureau Service can be used for the following:
- Faster Payments
- Direct Debit
- Payment Advices (Remittances)
- Incorporates UK’s leading bank account validation software to validate accounts
- Automated remittance advice generation available
- Collect Direct Debits using AUDDIS
- Collect and distribute reports
- Make Faster Payments
Special Cheque and Credit Service
The TALL Group work with many of the major UK high street banks, liaising with bank contacts and their corporate customers to provide a special cheque and credit service.
Design, print and production of passbooks supports the requirements of banks and building societies, where traditional cheque and cash deposits and withdrawals are made at branch counters.
UV Verification Products
- System V is the preferred method of many building societies for verifying authenticity of signatures on building society pass books.
- System V comprises of a package of a UV (Ultra Violet) lamp and specially printed UV slips. Each element of the package can be supplied separately.
- Vouchers and Certificates
The TALL Group provide the following:
- Gift vouchers
- Certificates, including degree certificates
- Numbered documents of all types
- Security features to protect against fraud
- Approved hologram appliers
Importance to the financial services sector:
The Group is the UK’s leading provider of Business Cheques, Credits and Secure Encoded Documents, and provides electric payment solutions to financial institutions and their customers both in the UK and internationally.
Utilising specialist knowledge and expertise the Group has developed a comprehensive range of bespoke and innovative products, services and solutions.
Accorded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation in 2005 for its cheque handling software applications, the Group operates internationally and is recognised as a market leader, with quality and security as the cornerstones of its success.
Accredited to ISO9001, ISO27001, ISO14001 and C&CCC, an Associate Member of the Building Societies Association, the business is committed to deliver long-term, sustainable value to customers, shareholders and staff.
The two-site operation and geographic locations offer excellent contingency facilities.
Standardised equipment, common operating systems and dedicated encrypted data lines enable work to flow through each site, and from site to site, in absolute security.
Recent customers and projects:
- Axis Bank
- City of Derry Building Society
- Triodos Bank
- Co-operative Group
The TALL Group has entered into two partnerships this year –
- CA Technologies – The TALL Group teamed up with CA Technologies to launch a cost-saving secure paperless document service. Under the agreement, the Group offers a service that allows for the secure delivery and notification of documents, and complements its existing range of paper statement and customer communication fulfilment solutions for financial institutions.
SmartDebit – Through a partnership arrangement the SmartDebit Direct Debit management service is offered to the TALL Group customers to complement the Group’s existing Bacs payment submission service, The cloud-based service allows users to set up new payers, amend details and view reports on their Direct Debit collections.